Sunday, April 17, 2011

Project #10 Scratch Art


This next lesson was taught by Justin Kiefer and Nicole Bruemmer. They taught us how to create scratch art. They explained the scratching terms of hatching and cross hatching. We also learned how to create other designs by simply making small circles to shows dots or by just leaving a space free of scratches. They also emphasized that we scratch on the paper hard enough to draw the designs, but not too hard that we dull the wooden stick. They started out the project by giving each of us a different shape and we were to create any picture using our imagination of what we thought it most resembled, and then we finished drawing that picture. We then drew this same picture on our scratch sheet with the wooden stick. I created my picture into a goose. I used hatching and cross hatching on my scratch art. To finish our project, we placed a border around our picture to bring out the scratch art.

An extension activity that I would teach with this lesson is to have them create a story of their picture. It can be a short story, but the students must be able to show the story in the picture by creating the necessary scratches “bring the picture alive!”For example, my picture is of a goose. I would write a story about how maybe the goose lost her baby and she is in a panic. I would have to add more scratches to my picture to show my goose panicking by scratching ruffles in her feathers and by the scratching worry lines on her face. I think students would look more into their scratch arts and they would easily be able to bring their picture “alive!”

No comments:

Post a Comment